The Society for Southeast Asian Communities, Inc. aims to:
- Foster partnerships and better understanding among Southeast Asian communities;
Advocate programmes for the empowerment of Southeast Asian migrants and their communities;
- Elevate the profile and status of Southeast Asian communities through constructive dialogues and socio-cultural involvement;
- Network with other ethnic communities and organisations in promoting cultural diversity;
- Work towards educating Southeast Asian communities and facilitate their integration into social mainstream; and,
- Advance efforts toward promoting humanitarian agenda for Southeast Asia.
To accomplish our six key objectives, we will:
- Provide advocacy and policy representation;
- Organise teach-ins, seminars and alternative education classes;
- Network with government and the private sectors;
- Promote emergency preparedness and encourage volunteerism;
- Initiate socio-cultural events to showcase cultural understanding; and,
- Conduct fund-raising activities.